*All Rules are subject to change at the staffs’ discretion
- Harassment of other con-goers will not be tolerated and we reserve the right to remove you from the premises.
- Destruction or theft of Lakeland Community College property will not be tolerated, Campus police will be alerted
- Please keep the hallways and walkways clear. Do not block any exits, staircases, or doorways.
- NyanCon strictly adheres to federal, state and local laws at the convention. Smoking is prohibited indoors. Cigarette and cigar smoking is allowed outdoors in designated smoking areas. No public nudity. No alcohol. No illegal substance possession or use.
- NyanCon staff reserves the right to revoke your convention membership and eject anyone, at any time, for any reason/ or lack there of from the convention.
- NyanCon is appropriate for all ages, so please keep any children within a safe distance
- NyanCon is for all ages, therefore crude/sexual images may not be on clothing. (Example: Ahegao shirts/clothing)
- Please follow the instructions of the NyanCon, Lakeland staff and Police. We are here to help you
- Soliciting is prohibited at all times
- Programming and schedules are subject to change as needed.
- If you have any problems, questions, or concerns, please contact a NyanCon staffer. Our sole purpose is to provide an enjoyable experience for you, we will do our best to help
Weapon and Prop Policy
*All Federal, State and local weapons laws are enforced at all times
- Real firearms, working, disabled, or otherwise (e.g. rifles, shotguns, handguns, BB guns, etc.) and ammunition of any and all sorts.
- Projectile weapons: Silly String, Dart Guns, Laser pens
- Live steel. Any metal weapon (swords, knives, shuriken, etc.) can be dangerous even if extremely dull
- Inline skates, roller skates, and the like may not be worn or used in the LCC campus area.
- Items used for leading
- Noisemakers: horns, vuvuzela horns, cowbells, kazoos, sound machines, music players, boomboxes, etc. Noisemakers are permitted outdoors in the courtyard or picnic area but must not be bothersome of normal college activities. If staff or LCC police ask you to turn it down, you must comply.
- Airsoft weapons.
- Any other potentially harmful weapon/prop as determined by NyanCon Staff.
- Replica weapons made of wood, foam, plastic, resin, fiberglass, or other craft materials provided they are not sharp and could not be used to harm others.
- Bows and crossbows, however, arrows must be kept in a quiver with arrow tips removed and bow should be loosely strung with yarn.
- Cosplay props such as gourds, wings, musical instruments, etc, that are within the size restrictions.
- Please do not wave props around or point them at people.
Costume and Attire Policy
*For safety purposes NyanCon reserves the right to ask you to leave
- Cosplay must be suitable for all ages, Nyancon is a family friendly convention
- If you are found wearing a costume that may be prone to malfunctions, you will be asked to prove to NyanCon staff that malfunctions will not happen. Costumes that do not pass must be immediately covered and removed from the convention area.
- Liquid latex/body paint alone is not an appropriate cover. All private areas must be covered by actual clothing.
- You must wear footwear at all times (the entire soles of feet must be covered with an actual shoe at minimum). Socks are not sufficient.
- Costumes are not to impede traffic in the hallways, if they found to be too large or obstructive, you will be asked to remove it or leave